Wednesday, November 3, 2010

One Year Older and.... Wiser?


As the song goes, we are supposed to be "one year older and wiser, too". I guess it is implied that if you live a year then you are that much wiser?


I don't believe that, at least for myself, I can honestly say if I am any wiser than I was the last year. I think that an honest measure of how wise you are is the people around you, and how they respond and treat you. I believe that the wiser a person gets, the more respect and admiration they receive from those around them.


Whatever the case may be, I had a great birthday. I had breakfast with my wonderful wife and some friends at Denny's in AF, my night class at the U of U was released early so I could get home earlier than 8:30, Live and I went out to dinner to La Dolce Vita in Provo (some of the best Italian food in the state), and then we had cake with Emily and Zander in the evening. It was a great day.


What was interesting was that whenever I was in the car listening to the radio (and yes, I still listen to the radio for music) it seemed as though all the songs that played that day were songs that I loved! Almost like the universe knew..... haha


Here's to one more year, wiser or not.

1 comment:

Phannie said...

Happy Birthday Luca. Sorry it's a little late. I'm really glad you had a wonderful day.