Monday, November 22, 2010

A Future Project


I want to write a book about Utah Valley. I want it to be about the hidden culture of tattoos that exists among the predominant culture. I don't know how long it will take, and I don't know if I will even be able to do it, but I want to do it.

And I want to take pictures of a lot of people here in the valley that have tattoos so that I can portray their stories and experiences here. I want this to become a culture that gets exposure.

I personally don't have any tattoos, but I really enjoy seeing them on other people. I appreciate good body art. Is it weird for a person who has no tattoos to write a book about people with them? Should this book be written by a person who is actually a part of the culture?

1 comment:

Kirk Teuscher said...

objective remarks are usually made by people who haven't "sipped the cool-aid"