Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Acceptance

So yesterday I'm rushing home from work because I was going to go to the Draper Temple open house. I saw that there was mail in the box so I decided to pick it up on the way inside. For weeks previous to this, I would check the mail and find my hopes preserved but my patience growing thin when I didn't see a letter from any university. But yesterday I reached inside, grabbed the wad of letters, and low-and-behold there was a letter from the University of Utah on the top!

I was so excited! I rushed into the house so that I could open it. As I reached for a knife I thought that the letter seemed a bit thin... I expressed this outloud and my brother responded with, "It's only an acceptance letter. How thick could it be?" Thanks, Dav...

So I open it and the first thing I read is, "It is our great pleasure.....". I didn't need to read anymore. I was in! Success!! After rejoicing, I then continued to read the letter. I wasn't offered any scholarships or anything like that, but we'll see what happens when I apply for financial aid.

8 comments:

Phannie said...

Joining the Ranks. Beautiful.

Luca said...

Hahaha I'm still wearing BYU socks everywhere I go on campus. >:D

Ashley Welling said...

My husband just graduated from there. What are you going to be doing up there.

Michelle Morgan said...

Congrats Luca!!! You better never turn into a Ute fan tho!!! I'll be so pissed at you.

McDougal Family said...

Congrats! That is fantastic! Mike went to the U and we are still True Blue through and through! lol :)

Elizabeth Reid said...

Embrace the U-ness!

Sooooo the real question is.....what will you do if/when USU accepts you?

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Nice! You look great in red!

Andy and Brandi Newlan said...

YAY Luca!!! We are so happy for you!!! Congrats!